Beginner and Meditation Courses
In this page you can find information about our monthly courses, schedules, fees and details. Check our What’s New / Calendar page to review which courses are going on during the current month.
The Beginners Yoga Course is a 4-week course meeting twice a week (unless otherwise specified). The course is designed for the absolute beginner or someone looking to get back into yoga after not having practiced for a while.
The course focuses on 5 points of yoga:
Proper exercise through yoga asanas, proper breathing -full yogic breath and pranayama, proper relaxation – savasana, and briefly on proper diet and positive thinking / meditation.
The course starts slowly, gradually building up in each class. Everything is demonstrated and explained in detail with a relaxed atmosphere to allow for questions and comments at anytime. Students are encouraged to work at their own pace understanding that everyone is unique. We provide mats and cushions to sit on so all you need is yourself and comfortable clothing.
Pre-booking and payment is required to secure a place in the course.
The cost is $65 for the 8 class course.
Benefits to Yoga include:
Improve flexibility and strength
Alleviate back pain and many other discomforts
Improve function of internal organs
Improve breath awareness and control
Improves blood pressure, endocrine function, structural balance and so much more.
Introduction to Meditation Level One
The course runs for 6 weeks meeting once a week. The course is designed for anyone interested in developing a meditation practice wheather you have practiced meditation before or not. This is one of many classical approaches to meditation within the yoga system.
You will learn:
- Steps and guidelines for developing a meditation practice.
- A deeper understanding of the mind, its mysteries and control.
- The use of mantra and science of sound vibration.
- The 8 limbs of Raja Yoga.
- Simple techniques for bringing more peace and harmony into day-to-day life.
Each class in one hour. The first half: theory, and second half: practical. The cost is $60 for the 6 classes.
Pre-booking and payment is required to secure your space.
Benefits of Meditation
- Increase peace and balance of mind.
- Improve memory and concentration.
- Relief from anger and depression.
- Improves physical and mental relaxation.
- Develops self confidence.
- Increase creativity and intuition.